Today I want to share with you my all time favourite recipe for home made energy bars. I am kind of addicted to these things, specially if I am out and about, since I get hungry pretty quick. I am one of those people who get really cranky when hungry. So energy bars are saving my life and nerves as well. What I love about this recipe, is how easy and inexpensive it is to make. They will last for weeks stored in cold place, so you can make a big batch and save quite some money. The Bars are chocolatey (without the cocoa), just the right amount of sweet and sour (from dates and cranberries), they leave you satisfied and they provide lots of nutrients.
- 1/2 cup (100 g) almonds
- 1/2 cup (50 g) rolled oats (GF)
- 1 cup (200 g) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (50 g) dates
- 1/4 cup (30 g) carob powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. If you use blender, you will get smaller pieces and smoother paste like mixture. And if you use food processor, the pieces will be a bit larger and the bars crunchier.
- Roll the mixture about 1 cm thick and cut into bars. Wrap in baking parchment to avoid sticking together and store in a cold place.
- 100 g (1/2 skodelice) mandljev
- 50 g (1/2 skodelice) ovsenih kosmičev (brez glutena)
- 200 g (1 skodelica) brusnic
- 50 g (1/2 skodelice) datljev
- 30 g (1/4 skodelice) rožičeve moke
- Vse sestavine zmešamo v multipraktiku ali blenderju. Če uporabimo blender, bo masa bolj gladka in koščki manjši. Če uporabimo multipraktik pa bodo koščki malo večji in ploščice bolj hrustljave.
- Ko smo zadovoljni z maso, jo razvaljamo na približno 1 centimeter debeline. Izrežemo ploščice in jih zavijemo v peki papir, da se ne sprimejo med seboj. Hranimo v hladnem prostoru.
Yours truly, A.