Almost a year has passed and my maternity leave ended yesterday. In less than a month our baby boy (if I can still call him baby) is turning one, and just a week later, we are packing our stuff and moving to Luxembourg. Right now, I don’t have a job to return to, but I have this blog, which I wish to revive. Over the year my mind has filled with ideas for projects, which I didn’t have the time to start properly. So you might be seeing some changes up here, more lifestyle and travel posts, more baby friendly food and more authentic posts since this is my life now. It’s impossible for me to go back to writing just about food, when my life is so full right now.
As you may noticed (especially if you’re following me on Instagram), I am using a combination of BLW (baby led weaning) method and purees to feed David. And through intense research and numerous trials, I have found a few recipes that are in rotation every week. One of our favourites (we love sharing meals! So I seldom cook separately for David and for us) are Mini Banana Pancakes, both vegan and gluten free, topped with fresh fruits or jam, coconut yoghurt or peanut butter. As a mama, I tend to go for simpler recipes whenever possible. For this recipe you will need:
- a blender
- 4 ingredients
- a skillet and some coconut oil
- 15 minutes
You simply blend everything and start frying pancakes. Two minutes on each side and top with your favourite toppings and you’re ready to eat. We sometimes have them for breakfast, sometimes for dinner or lunch. They are great to pack when we are on the road, since they taste just as good cold. You can even freeze them, to save some kitchen cleaning during the week.
Hope you like this recipe as much as we do! If you try it, please leave a comment or tag a photo on Instagram with @dearkitchen.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup rolled gluten free oats
- 1 tbs tapioca flour (can be replaced with corn starch)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Blend all ingredients without coconut oil in a high speed blender. It takes about a minute to two minutes.
- Heat a tiny amount of coconut oil in a pan and make small circles with dough, 5 cm in diameter. Fry for 2 minutes on each side. Repeat until you use up the better.
- Serve with your favourite toppings, but I recommend peanut butter or coconut yoghurt and fresh fruits.